Friday, March 4, 2022

I am BLANKING

        No one ever told me blogging would be hard. Did I think blogging for AICE Media Studies was going to be easy? No, not at all but then again it shouldn’t be this hard to come up with things to write about especially because I’ve said a lot in my other posts that basically sum up our updates so far. 

       Anyways… Now that I finally know what I want to talk about… We have our idea for the opening to our opening! We want to emphasize Malia’s interests right away and therefore, our very first scene will illustrate our character typing on her laptop. First it will be a black scene where only the sound of typing will be available for the audience and then the image to go with that sound will show. I think this idea immerses the audience right at the beginning as they are waiting to see what is going to be shown, even if that question is lingering for just a second. 

      Another thing that I thought was a very good idea and am quite proud of is how we are going to introduce the title of our film, ‘Unwritten’. First we came up with the idea that it would be introduced as if it were being typed. I loved that idea and then I kind of just thought, ‘hey, how about we create it as if she is writing it but makes some typos and then deletes it to write it out correctly’. And at first it was quite a random thought that I believed would just make the moment more ‘cool’ but then I got thinking. The idea that she messed up on typing the word in the first time kind of represents not only her life, but that of other teenagers. Of course, not everyone is perfect and people make mistakes, especially teenagers who are only learning to become adults in the real world. Adding the concept of Malia messing up on something so simple as our title feels important to the narrative and what we want to convey to the audience as a coming-of-age film. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Critical Reflection

      Finally, my CCR is done and ready to share with you guys. I seriously apologize in advanced for the cringe you will endure while watch...